Power Color Red
Happy Thursday! Can you believe it’s the end of the first week of 2017? In honor of the New Year, today’s look of the day focuses on my power color red. New Year means a fresh start, which is why I want to wear red, my power color. For day to day, I like to wear neutral colors, but when I want to feel confident and strong, I choose the color red. My favorite reds have a blue tone to them. Because I’m Chinese, red symbolizes luck, happiness, and joy for me.
I find deep reds to flatter my complexion. Red makes me feel confident and strong, especially a red lip. Highlighting one feature has always been my style. Neutral eye makeup and a bold red lip. Like my makeup, I like to choose one item to go bold. This red sweater from Boohoo was a great find for $30, which I got at 50% off. The color is just bright enough without making me feel uncomfortable and I love the wide neckline. While the color red is bold, it is easy to style with a neutral wardrobe.
Power Color, The Outfit:
Shoes: Similar linked
Lips: Sisley Paris
Fun Facts About The Color Red
- Red is the highest arc of the rainbow.
- Red is the first color you lose sight of at twilight.
- The longest wavelength of light is red.
- Feng shui recommends painting the front door of a home red to invite prosperity to the residents.
- Bees can’t see the color red, but they can see all other bright colors. Red flowers are usually pollinated by birds, butterflies, bats, and wind, rather than bees.
(refrence from SensationalColor.com)
What color do you feel the most confident in? What is your power color? Please share in the comments 🙂