This blog post is about Doona Liki Trike S3
Have you been eyeing the Doona Liki Trike S3? Curious if it’s worth the $250 + price tag? This blog post will give you all the details, pros and cons, and help you make the decision on whether this pricey must-have baby item is worth it for you.
Video Review and Demonstration of Doona Liki Trike S3
Doona Liki Trike S3
What is the Doona Liki Trike S3? Based on manufacture information, the Liki Trike is:
- Convenient Foldable and Adjustable Trike For Toddlers: The smallest portable folding trike on the market, folds to 12.5 x 23.6 x 9.1 inches.
- Comfortable, Safe and Sturdy Tricycle: Soft and durable shoulder pads, padded armrest, 5 point harness and pedal straps. Also has a cup holder and storage bag.
- Easy To Use And No Assembly: Comes fully assembled, ready to use straight out of the box. This toddler tricycle folds and unfolds in seconds and fits easily into car trunks and overhead bins in a plane.
- A Toddler Trike That Grows With Your Child from 10 months to 3 years: From a tricycle to a push tricycle to a toddler tricycle.
- This premium tricycle provides maximum functionality and many happy moments for your growing child.
After using the Doona Liki Trike S3 for over a month now, here are my pros and cons of the product.
- My 11 month old loves riding in it. We purchased the trike right at 10 months old and have used it daily since
- Folds down to fit in a small space including a large duffle bag
- Has a sunshield that is easy to use and put away
- Feels nice and sturdy
- 3 different stages to grow with my baby
- Makes exploring the city much easier
- Convenient drawstring bag to store essentials
- There is some assembly required out of the box and the instructions are confusing with no video guidance online
- The cup holder placement is not convenient
- The drawstring bag can fall out of place easily if not properly attached after unfolding the trike.
- The harness is not super secure
- Not a lot of storage space for long outings
- Steering while good, is not the same as a stroller
What Are The Differences Between S3 and S5?
The major difference between the two is that the S5 comes with a travel bag which can be purchased later on for the S3 for about $45. The S5 also has wood detailing on the handles versus plastic on the S3. There are also different color options between the two models.
Personally I would recommend the S3 over the S5 unless you know you’ll for sure need the travel bag to check the trike on flights. Either way I would not recommend checking the trike even in the travel bag.
Overall we really enjoy the Doona Liki Trike S3 and have no regrets with our purchase. I explain more in this video, but our daughter hates her stroller. So the Doona Liki Trike S3 has solved a problem for us.
Because Lilian refuses to ride in her stroller for any length of time and would only be carried or in her baby bjorn carrier, we needed a little back relief ASAP. When Lillian was close to 10 months old, I took her to the store to test drive the trike.
When I placed her in the trike, she didn’t scream bloody murder and actually enjoyed being in it. I knew I had to order one for her.
Where I Bought It
I decided to purchase the trike from Amazon because I wanted a hassle free return policy just in case it did not work out. There is also an option to make split payments over time with zero interest if you have an Amazon credit card. For us, I wanted to earn points with the purchase.
We really love it and most importantly Lilian loves it. From what we have seen most kids really enjoy this trike. It was important to me to find something that would grow with her. Kids grow so fast and outgrow things at an overwhelming rate. While the Doona Trike is a bit more expensive compared to other trikes on the market, for us it makes sense and aligns with what we were looking for.
If you are on the go a lot and have an active toddler, I truly think you both will enjoy this trike. It’s well built and has made our lives easier.