It's week four of our 30 day challenge to follow a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. After a few rough days and getting over the sugar cravings, I'm happy to say I think I've got the hang of a keto diet. The most important thing for us as a couple in maintaining a low carb high fat diet, is to find delicious and easy keto recipes to make.
Around week three is where we hit our stride and started to play around in the kitchen. We discovered some delicious keto diet dishes, which we shared on InstaStories and in our recent What We Eat In A Week Video.
Today's post is a recipe for my Easy Keto Skillet Pizza, that can be made in 15 minutes. I got the idea on Pinterest from a few different pins and created my own version. My favorite keto skillet pizza dish I found is from HeathyRecipesBlogs.com. Pinterest has been a great resource for ideas.
How delicious does this look? I've heard of skillet pizzas before, but was skeptical. I also can't believe how much weight I've been loosing while eating all these yummy, rich, amazing foods.
A Ketogenic Diet
It's important to note, if you start consuming more fats and do not cut the carbs down, you will not loose weight and most likely will gain weight. If you'd like more information on my guidelines for being on a ketogenic diet, you can watch our first keto diet and intermitted fasting video HERE. To change your diet and cut carbs is not as easy as it sounds at first. There are carbs hidden in so many things, this is not just breads, pasta, and rice. You have to look at all the sugar hidden in sauces, pre-packaged foods, and forget about traditional sweets. While I encourage eating veggies, you'll want to make sure you don't over do it and focus on high fiber vegetables to balance their carbohydrate content. Low carb fruits also have to be limited.
EASY KETO SKILLET PIZZA RECIPE
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
total time to make: 15 minutes
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese mix or more
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash of red pepper flakes to taste
- red onion, chopped (about 1/4 onion)
- sliced olives to preference
- handful of chopped spinach
- pepperoni, thin slices
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese in a nonstick skillet. Thin layers best. I use a 10 inch skillet for 2 servings. Small gaps in cheese is okay, it’ll melt together.
- Place on burner and heat on medium (careful not too hot or it’ll burn).
- As the cheese starts to melt, evenly top the cheese with the garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Add toppings: red onions, olives, pepperoni, and spinach. Get creative, but do use the red onion for balance of flavor.
- Continue cooking until the bottom and edges are browned. Total cooking time depends on your stove, keep an eye on it. (about 8-10 minutes)
- Remove the skillet from heat. The pizza will be too soft to lift from the skillet. Allow the pizza to crisp up, about 30 seconds to a minute. Use a spatula and carefully slide it onto a cutting board.
- Cut the pizza immediately! DO NOT WAIT. The pizza will continue to crisp/harden as it cools. Also eat/serve immediately,
NOTE - you can place the pizza on paper towels to soak up any extra grease before serving. We just eat it as is.
Chris and I love this easy keto friendly snack. We'll also make a cucumber and feta salad to go along with it for a nice lunch at home. Let me know if you try the recipe and what type of keto recipes you'd like to see next!